Sunday 1 February 2009

Movie day and Tycho's birthday

Tycho's 19th birthday. I took him, Edith and Leo to see The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei. Dan didn't want to see The Wrestler but wanted very much to see Valkyrie, and Aggie was too young to see The Wrestler, so those two went to see Valkyrie.
The Wrestler was good, the story was a little too simple for me but it was well told. Tycho adored it especially all the technical data about wrestling.
Aggie was gripped by Valkyrie and Dan was impressed by it, it was accurate, created huge sympathy for the Stauffenberg plotters and clearly got a better thumbs up from Dan than The Reader would.
In the morning we heard Thomas Quasthoff on the radio doing Desert Island Discs. He's a lot more left wing than we'd expected :-) but sounded absolutely adorable and charming, especially when talking about his wife and stepdaughter "I am surrounded by women and my job is just to make them happy" he crowed. He claims he's cutting back his singing engagements to spend more time with "my two ladies" so I'm glad I live in London as even a cut back schedule has to include London.

No comments:

Post a Comment